The start of a new decade is the perfect opportunity to update your home. What changes are you envisioning for your home this year? As an innovator in the building industry through construction, modern design and customization, Terra View prides itself on staying up to date on home and interior design trends. Heading into 2020, we’ve decided to share five home trends we’re looking forward to:
- Sustainable Home Design— In 2020, sustainable building will be even more necessary than it is now, and we can proudly say that Terra View is on track with this trend! By incorporating sustainable and eco-friendly practices into every home, we are lessening not only our impact on the environment, but our homeowners’ carbon footprint. As sustainable builders, we avoid environmental toxins, use materials and resources that minimize the draw on resources and build with energy efficiency at the forefront of our construction. We are looking forward to continuing our Net-Zero Ready home developments in 2020!
Did you know? Net-Zero Ready homes are 80% more efficient than homes built at the current regulated building code!
- Integrated Living Spaces— Considering knocking down some walls in the New Year? Maybe you should! More homeowners are straying away from the traditional compartmentalized floor plans as integrated living spaces become more popular in home design. Not only are you creating a warm, welcoming environment for family, friends and guests to socialize and entertain—but you are using more meters of your home!
- Conversation Islands— As the most lived in room in the house, we’re always looking forward to trends that will expand a kitchen’s function, and conversation islands do exactly that. As a dinner table, food prep station and hangout spot all in one—these islands are ideal for families, and an essential when considering the interior of your home in 2020!
- Solar Panels— In 2020, we’re planning to see more homeowners chose to harness the power of the sun and our environment by adding solar panels to their home. As a clean, inexpensive and renewable power source—solar panels are a great way to reduce your household’s carbon footprint all while improving your property value. In 2020, Terra View Homes will continue to offer a 4KW solar module system for every home in Hart Village. Be ready to see more solar panels in 2020, Guelph!
- Home Automation/ Smart Homes— As the demand for homeowners to control the temperature, light or security of their own home rises, home automation systems and smart homes will be a definite upward trend in 2020. By reducing consumption bills significantly and offering greater comfort, smart homes are the better choice for your home and the environment. In our Net-Zero Ready homes, our extremely efficient mechanical systems are designed to maintain comfort at all hours of the day.
For more information on Terra View Homes and our commitment to environmentally conscious building, check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin or visit our website. For more information on Hart Village and its incentives — or to find your dream home, click here.
From completing Guelph’s first Net-Zero Ready community, to building Canada’s first zero-carbon footprint condos, we have so much to look forward to in 2020 as leaders in green building. By continuously investing in new technologies and experimenting with our model homes, we are able to provide our customers with innovative and sustainable home options that are built with the planet in mind. We look forward to helping you build your dream home in 2020!