[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In the spring and fall months, Terra View Homes recommends completing the following tasks:
- Inspect/replace your furnace filter if it is dirty or has reached its 6-month life span. At the same time, make sure you clean your ERV filter according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Perform required maintenance on your smoke detectors.
- Exhaust ventilation fans should be inspected and oiled as necessary (as per the manufacturer’s recommendations) to guarantee efficient operation. Vent covers, such as the dryer and range hood, should be checked for cracks, missing vanes and blockages. In the kitchen, your range hood filter should be removed and scrubbed with mild soapy water to prevent grease buildup.
- Windows and doors should be checked for gaps in the weather stripping and breaks in the caulking. Weather stripping can usually be lubricated with petroleum jelly, which will help keep it pliable.
- The garden hose connection will have a shutoff valve inside your home. This needs to be turned on/off as required and inspected to prevent freezing and/or bursting.
- Check any exterior painted surfaces for signs of moisture penetration. Blistering and peeling paint, if not corrected, can lead to water penetration.
- Eavestroughs and downspouts should be cleared of all debris. If the water cannot flow properly, it may cause ice and snow to back up under the shingles, causing leakage through the roof.
- Keep window wells free of leaves and garbage. Lot drainage is designed to keep water away from the foundation. If you restrict this natural movement, you may be setting yourself up for a water problem in the change of seasons.
- Be ready to clear snow from all entryways at balconies, porches, and decks to limit water penetration.
[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”Download the Checklist” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.terra-view.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F10%2FBi-Annual-Maintenance-Spring_Fall.pdf”][/vc_column][/vc_row]